I never actually realized how many Christmas traditions we have made over the last few years.
Here is our top 10 MUST DO Christmas traditions!
Here is what we do…
1) We HAVE to buy a family ornament to add to the tree every year. Yes it’s personalized, yes it’s cheesy and yes it’s totally us!
2) We HAVE to make finger or hand print ornaments for us and usually their Godparents.
3) Advent calendars. Yes, there are chocolate ones that float around the house but we do a book a day calendar. This is where the kids get to unwrap a Christmas themed book every day and I read the story to them that evening. (I love this one!)
4) The pickle ornament – it’s the last one put on the tree and the first person to find it on Christmas morning gets to open the first gift.
5) The reindeer and Santa leave footprints in the back yard because we don’t have a fireplace with a chimney! M runs to the back door every year, so I know she likes this one!
6) The kids get new matching PJs the night before Christmas, ’cause really, who doesn’t want them to match in Christmas morning pics!
7) It is a PJ day on Christmas. All. Day. Long.
8) Tapas. Yep, clean off the coffee-table, we’re eating ALL DAY LONG!
9) Watch the movies Elf and The Grinch (Jim Carrey version). These are my two favourite movies of all time and this is NOT negotiable.
And the last (and is a definite favourite of mine)…
10) Do not get embarrassed when I answer the phone (and/or change our voice-mail) by saying, “Buddy the Elf, what’s your favourite colour?”
I love this time of year! The lights and the hustle and bustle is awesome! Trying to get a parking spot at the mall though? Not so much! What are your family traditions? Are any of them the same as ours?